- Smiling Pasta Review - Friday, February 4, 2011

So a while back, I was watching a drama that I found interesting. It was called Smiling Pasta and I have to admit, it was one of the choices that I am glad that I made. It's an absolutely adorable drama and comedic. It is practically a Taiwanese remake of the Korean drama, Full House. I was just browsing the drama list on mysoju and when I read this description, I just had to read it. All in all, I find the acting good but the songs in it was what got me. Especially Little Turtle and Tears from Polaris. I found the backstory behind Nicholas Teo's character, He Qun, quite depressing but I was glad to what happened in the end. Especially since Cyndi Wang's character, Cheng Xiao Shi, has quite a curse on herself. 

The way that they all portrayed their characters is something that I admire very much. All the characters seem to have their own flair as well which made it enjoyable to watch. While I watched this, I hardly slept because I really did want to see how the whole thing ended and I'm glad that I did! Despite having to go to school the next day, I really just wanted to keep watching it till the end and when I did, I absolutely loved it. The whole thing can be lighthearted but at the same time, it has a heavy, dark kind of feeling. 

As for the OST, I absolutely LOVE it. There are those that have the happy go lucky songs, very much like Rainbow Smile and Just Smile. There are also the ones that reflect on the romance involved in the drama such as Little Turtle, and I do. Though, the ones that I really do like are the heartfelt ones much like Tears From Polaris. It pretty much brings in the dark side of the drama but that is what is lovely about dramas correct? 

In truth, Smiling Pasta is definitely something I want to watch over and over. It contains main elements that I like which are comedy, drama, romance, and tragedy. All in the places that you wouldn't think. Haha. But this is all my opinion. It may all differ but if you would like to see it yourself, just look it up! 


Xiao Shi is a girl who has gone through many short relationships, 17 to be exact, not one lasting more than 3 months hence, she was cursed with a three-month curse. After being dumped by her 17th boyfriend, the world looks grimmer than ever. At that time, a famous idol, He Qun runs past, bumps into Xiao Shi, and they end up "kissing" on the street. Paparazzi swarmed by and to avoid a bad reputation, He Qun's manager declared Xiao Shi as He Qun's girlfriend of one year and fiancée. Thus, a love contract was made. This story is about how the couple learns to like each other after having disagreements in the beginning, as well as fighting the injustices the media throw at them. Will Xiao Shi finally break her 3 month curse? 

3 Comments:

At February 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Blogger Jactating said...

Aw! Smiling Pasta looks like something my friend Gamie would love! I'll have to point her in the direction of your blog so she can read the reviews, too!

 
At February 4, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Blogger Celcia said...

I still need to check out Smiling Pasta. XD I still have the link to it in my favorites

 
At February 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Blogger Suzume Aiko said...

Haha. XD Thanks guys :3 It's really a great drama~ Even if it's pretty old XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

WHO ARE YOU

Name: Kiyoko
Age: That is a secret :3
Nationality: 100% Full blooded Korean!
Hobbies: Cosplaying, singing, dancing, watching dramas, playing MMOs, drawing, designing, swimming, playing the piano and more. Lol
Likes: Sweets, chocolate, strawberry, cherries, strawberry milk, apples, fruits in general, animals.
Dislikes: Seafood ._.

Free Web Counter
WebSite Counter

Affiliates

Pink Monsoon Blog
My Cosplay Blog
Horror film Review Blog

Links

My Soju (Dramastream site)

PREVIOUS POSTS

Skip Beat Live Action?
A Bit about Me


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger